Novels: Value & Learnings that help you widen your imagination
Novel and Book, these are the words which are frequently used by the booklovers, who love readings and many more. But many of us don’t know the meaning of Novel and Book, we all think that they both are the same and we used that word many times in the wrong instance. So, a book is basically written referring to a particular topic or subject. Many books are just written to increase the knowledge of the reader about that topic and generally written with a fixed count of words. On the other side, Novels are one type of book but basically, they are books of stories written about a place, events, or people they are not referring to a particular topic or subject or fixed count of words, they are written like a story with over thousands of words. The main difference between Novels and books are, Books can be either fiction or non-fiction and book is a general term for any work of literature while Novels can only be fiction and they are a type of books.
As we understood the basic difference between Novels and Books, now let’s talk more about novels its learning, values, and types. Novels are of different genres and one can read them according to their mood and liking. The main genres of the novel are:
Mysteries Novel: This is basically about crime or murder mystery. Examples:
- The Maltese Falcon, Dashiell Hammett.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Stieg Larsson.
- And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, Mark Haddon.
- Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier.
- The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, John Le Carré,
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn.
Thrillers Novel: These novels are basically on thrilling suspense which creates a feeling of curiosity and set up readers nerve while reading. Examples:
- The Talented Mr. Ripley, Ripley Under Ground, Ripley's Game. by Patricia Highsmith.
- Those Bones Are Not My Child. by Toni Cade Bambara.
- Enduring Love. by Ian McEwan.
- The Shining. by Stephen King.
- The Widow. by Fiona Barton.
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. by Ken Kesey.
Historical Novel: These novels are basically for history lovers as they are written with details of history in story format. Examples:
- The Nightingale. Kristin Hannah.
- I, Claudius. Robert Graves.
- All the Light We Cannot See. Anthony Doerr.
- The Twentieth Wife. Indu Sundaresan.
- The Other Boleyn Girl. Philippa Gregory.
- Wolf Hall. Hilary Mantel.
Horror Novels: These novels are written basically to create emotions of terror and dread in the mind of the reader.
- At the Mountains of Madness. by H.P. Lovecraft.
- The Bad Seed. by William March.
- Beloved. by Toni Morrison.
- The Bloody Chamber. by Angela Carter.
- Clive Barker's Books of Blood 1-3. by Clive Barker.
Science Fiction Novels: These novels are basically loved by people who always live in reality and assumes reality. Examples:
- The Blazing World, by Margaret Cavendish.
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley.
- Foundation, by Isaac Asimov.
- The Stars My Destination, by Alfred Bester.
- Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem
Romance Novels: These novels are basically those who love to read about love stories. Examples:
- It Ends With Us. Atria Books.
- The Proposal. Berkley.
- The Hating Game. William Morrow.
- Vision in White. Berkley.
- Beautiful Disaster. Atria Book.
Western Novels: These novels are on western cultures, their life, conflicts, and mystery. Examples:
- The Log of a Cowboy by Andy Adams.
- The Ox-Bow Incident by Walter Van.
- Hondo by Louis L’ Amour.
- The Searchers by Alan Le May.
Fantasy Novels: These novels are similar to science fiction novels of the imaginary world but in these, there is a lot of magic love, and passion. Examples:
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin.
The values and learning from the different novels famous authors have learned.
Be bold. — Libba Bray, creator of Beauty Queens
"For quite a long time, I'd heard the women's activist Gloria Steinem portrayed as 'ear-splitting' and 'unfriendly' and numerous other pompous, stigmatizing terms. In any case, subsequent to finding out about her battles as a person and as a head of woman's rights' second wave in her book Outrageous Acts and Everyday Rebellions, I got a more genuine picture. The lady I experienced in her liberal, intriguing assortment of papers is as warm and charitable as she is astute. I discovered that it's extremely simple for ladies to be disgraced into remaining close-lipped regarding their carries on with, their fantasies, needs, wants, outrage, yearnings, and that the familiar saying, 'Polite ladies only here and there impact the world forever' is all around evident. Much obliged to you, Gloria, for showing me how to make trouble."
Choose your friends wisely. — Michele Norris, creator of The Grace of Silence: A Family Memoir
"I've taken in numerous significant life exercises from The Collected Autobiographies of Maya Angelou. She has carried on with a thrill ride life loaded with pinnacles and valleys, astonishments and distresses. She is a survivor who figured out how to encircle herself with individuals who continued her. That is the most grounded string that goes through her diaries: Find individuals who trust in you for those occasions when it's difficult to have confidence in yourself."
You're stronger than you think. — Lauren Willig, creator of The Garden Intrigue
"Robin McKinley's The Hero and the Crown instructed me that courage lives in sudden spots. In some cases, the most valiant deeds come from individuals carrying out their responsibility as they discover it, bumbling and jumbling along, and doing as well as can be expected. Regardless of how depressing something may feel, you simply need to push on through, fighting your own mythical beasts as the courageous woman in the book fought hers."
Home is truly sweet. — Sibella Court, creator of Nomad: A Global Approach to Interior Style
"I see myself as a migrant; I can never remain still for a really long time. My mom read Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak to me and my kin as often as possible. Despite the fact that I was extremely youthful at that point, the book remained in my psyche. Regardless of how far or for how long I globe-jog, it's in every case flawless to get back home."
Be extraordinary every day. — Lisa Tucker, creator of The Winters in Bloom
"On the off chance that there is such an unbelievable marvel as the Great American Novel, the Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison is it. This shocking book helped me see that ladies can be epic saints — that dealing with others, looking after them, and pardoning their blemishes, can be an honorable, fearless approach to go through a time on earth."
Like the authors we can also learn many values and lessons from novels, and as it is said books is an ocean of knowledge so we can learn many things from them.
Now many people would be thinking where we can get the best quality novels and at cheap price. The answer to this is, second-hand bookstores or online second-hand bookstores as in India there is a huge market of second-hand bookstores. The best second-hand book store according to me in this situation will be finding one online as there is the risk of going out in pandemic. So, I will suggest to you all one good option to buy second-hand novels online. The answer to this is Usedbooksfactory.com, the online second-hand bookstore where you can find all kinds of novels at a very cheaper price.
- We all want the best quality of novels for reading, Usedbookfactory also believes in quality as their priority, and customer satisfaction is their ultimate goal. So, on Usedbookfactory, you will find all the novels in very good condition, their quality is also checked and it also doesn't look like you have purchased a used novel or second-hand novels.
- UsedBooksFactory integrates only markets and experienced sellers/retailers and has a quality check factor. So, there is more trust and visibility.
- Delivery of second-hand books to 26,000+ pin codes in India
- Free Delivery on all orders with a minimal amount